Brainbase is a modern technology platform that helps licensing teams optimize their partnerships from contract to revenue. From deal management to royalty reporting and product approvals, Brainbase acts as one platform to unify your licensing operations.
Brainbase has raised $15M from top venture capital firms including Bessemer, Nosara, Struck Capital, and Bonfire Ventures, and works with leading brands including Crayola, Hasbro, Sanrio, BuzzFeed, MGM and more. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing team working on transforming an extremely outdated industry.
We are looking for a Product designer to join ourProduct Platform team. The Product Platform team is responsible for creating internally and externally-facing tools used by multiple products at Brainbase (i.e., Authentication, Search, Notifications, Billing amp; Payments, etc.).Tasks at hand:
- Own the UX and visual design of UI components and interaction patterns for the Brainbase product platform
- Design user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and prototypes to communicate component behavior, aid in sales demos, development, and user interviews using standard prototyping tools (Figma)
- Participate in user research activities such as user interviews, surveys, and usability studies
- Plan and lead design sessions to generate ideas or feedback both remote and in-person.
- Work from and contribute to our existing design system and UI pattern library
- Effectively present work to partner teams amp; all levels of leadership
- Anticipate how aspects of the system will be used by other designers, developers, and internal/external users, and represent their voice(s) in business amp; product conversations
- Help define a governance model for design contributions from other teams
- Ensure all UI copy meets brand standards
- 3+ years of design experience at a company that has shipped a product customers love
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of design principles/theories, technical abilities, and high-level strategic thinking
- Knowledge of and previous experience implementing research methodologies to help define and guide product design
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, and relevant design tools.
- Experience interviewing and talking to customers to gather business analysis, feature requirements. Meaning, figuring out what to build and why.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly to the CEO, CTO and Head of Product
- OCD-level attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, without relying on formal processes
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in leading or meaningfully contributing to design frameworks in a SaaS/technology-focused organization
- Prior experience working remotely and/or with distributed teams (you'll have colleagues in the US)
- Prior front-end development experience and/or fluency in more advanced JS frameworks (Angular)
- Demonstrated understanding of quantitative research and knowledge of the strengths and limitations of when to use qualitative vs when to use quantitative methodologies
- Familiar with Jira
- Fun, fast-growing team working on disrupting an extremely outdated industry
- Hybrid work model
- Continued Learning Reimbursement
- Wellness Compensation
- Team lunches, happy hours, and office events
- Unlimited office snacks
We need strong, product-minded team members who enjoy working with customers to build great products and are adept at building elegant solutions to complex workflow challenges.
This is an opportunity to join a small but fast-growing startup working on disrupting an extremely antiquated industry. Your work will define our company as it grows and will play a major part in our company’s success!